How I Built "Build a Module.com"
Build a Module.com (http://buildamodule.com) is a video tutorial site for Drupal developers, and since its release I've gotten a number of questions about how the site was created, what tools I used, and questions about moving from freelancing to product sales. This will be an open session to answer whatever questions I can to help attendees move forward on their own products and projects.
To add a question you would like answered, go to http://chrisshattuck.com/bam and vote or add new questions.
The goal of this session is to answer any questions you might have either as subscribers or as individuals wanting to launch a product-based model. Some topics I anticipate covering:
- Tips on setting up recurring fees on a Drupal site
- Tips on video encoding and distribution
- How to prepare for product distribution
- Thoughts on making the leap from a contractor to a product developer
- Tips on building a highly usable site
- Dealing with piracy
- Tips on how to view competition as healthy and important
- What modules and which theme were used, and why
Looking forward to it!